Apex C&RG works with vendors at a local level to help ensure the properties we manage are preserved and maintained in a manner that complies not only with investor and regulatory guidelines but also with the homeowner association (HOA), condo owner association (COA) and municipal codes and requirements. Our property preservation outsourcing services secure the property, remove any debris, and conduct regular as well as seasonally required maintenance.
As with all our mortgage field services offerings, we maintain the highest levels of professionalism to help ensure compliance and minimize reputational risk.
PRESERVATION AND MAINTENANCE OPTIONS INCLUDE:
- Re-keying and securitization
- Boarding to prevent vandalism or other risks to the property
- Complete or partial board-ups as requested by client or as required by local authorities
- Eviction lockouts
- Personal property and debris removal with complete documentation and photographs
- Preparation for sale or conveyance
- Initial janitorial and landscape services including clean-up, mow and trim
- Winterization/de-winterization and snow removal as required
- Initial pool servicing or securing
- Safety repairs, and ongoing, client specific maintenance
- Vacant property registration
- Relocation assistance program for previous owner
- From the moment a property is entrusted to Apex, our primary goal is to protect and maintain the asset. We conduct a thorough inspection, confirm that the property is vacant and then change the exterior locks. Broken windows are boarded, doors are repaired or boarded, pools and other potential hazards are taken care of and the property is thoroughly secured in accordance with investor, insurer and client guidelines. Winterization is also performed if applicable and final reports are generated with supporting documentation, photos and details.
- Initial Preservation:
- Once secure, the preservation and maintenance of the asset begins. At every step, Apex C&RG conducts the process with professionalism and a keen awareness of our clients’ economic and reputational risk. Interior and exterior debris deemed to be hazardous is removed and any issues relating to HOA/COA and municipal code violations are rectified. Exterior debris is removed in accordance with client-approved requirements and dumped at a licensed facility. Interior debris is also removed and personal property is secured per investor and client guidelines until personal property eviction can take place.
- Ongoing Maintenance:
- Once an asset is secured and initial preservation completed, Apex conducts ongoing maintenance to preserve and protect the asset until it is sold. This includes the usual maintenance activities such as lawn maintenance and snow removal as well as client-directed inspections and non-routine maintenance. This may include pool maintenance, interior inspections of water heaters and boilers, and other maintenance issues that could damage or reduce the sales value of the asset. All ongoing maintenance is performed with the goal of maintaining value, preserving neighborhood aesthetics, as well as the client’s image and reputation.